Day 97 - 10 Years Together

Today, 10 years ago, I married my friend. I don't wanna get all mushy, so I'll leave it at that, lol. The wedding itself was thrown together in about 5wks (it was my Mama's idea - so that we wouldn't just have a courthouse wedding). We pulled it off - but there are many things about it that I don't like. Things I would change if I could (minor stuff like the colors - it was supposed to be dark purple and forest green, and somewhere along the way, the green was replaced by a light purple...I think that was my mom, lol). So yeah - I've got some great memories :) And a few not-so-great ones. But in the end, I was married - and that's what matters :)



Today we didn't do a ton. I mean we did do stuff - but we didn't have a trip planned or anything. My friend Jess took our munchkins and we had dinner and watched a movie. We stayed in Deming, so we ate at Palmas (the local family owned Olive Garden type restaurant - the food is heaven! But I do miss my bread sticks, lol). And then we went to the movies. We saw American Reunion, which was hilarious! I wasn't sure if it was going to be able to live up to the reputation of American Pie, but it did! I loved it! And it was perfect for our anniversary date because one of the first movies we saw together when we were dating was American Pie 2 :)

And today's photo was one that Tom snapped while we were eating dinner. Not the greatest pic, but honestly - it's one of the only pics we have of the day :)



I wish I had gotten one of us together, but I never took the time to ask someone to take it for us. I was more interested in enjoying the date rather than worrying about getting a photo :)

So here's to 10 years with my hubby! And here's to many, many more! :)

Comments