Day 113 - I'm Not Tired!

Wanna see what happens when the newly nap-free Liam insists he's not tired? Here - lemme show you, lol:



Yep, we've recently done away with naps. There's just too much going on to ever really find a time for him to nap. And when there is time, he fights so hard to stay awake that it just leaves me & him both in horrible moods. So - it's been a tricky adjustment, but it does create adorable photo op moments :)

And I chatted on Facebook about this, but I'm gonna chat here about it too.

My Amazon account balance has sky rocketed. Not without work mind you - I've been doing Swagbucks and Superpoints regularly, along with a few survey sites. But my total has reached a point that it's time for me to choose which lens I'm going to buy for my camera. And I'm totally stuck!!!

I've got it narrowed down (I think) to one of two (well...more like one of four, but you'll see what I mean in a second, lol).


First we have this beauty! It's the 28-75mm F/2.8 from Tameron. I hesitate to use an off brand, but the Canon version is like $1500 or something close to that. Regardless - it is WAY more than I will ever spend on a lens! I'm not a professional, so I can't justify that purchase. But I was researching one of those all purpose type of lenses, and this focal range came up a lot. It allows me to get a lot in my shot (in the 28mm range) as well as zoom in (the 75mm range) all the while giving me a decently low f-stop (F/2.8) which I need for low light photos.

I like this lens, but some of the reviews make me nervous. There's a lot of complaints about focusing, and that is a big deal to me. Having sharp photos is a must for me, which makes me want to stick with prime lenses...

Next is where it's narrowed down to sorta 2 and kinda 4, lol. I have the 50mm lens right now - which I absolutely love! It's a prime lens (meaning it does not zoom). The prime lenses tend to give sharper photos - and focus is a big deal for me! I love the crispness of a focused photo. The down side with the 50mm is it can get tight indoors. I have to back up to get everything in the photo a lot. Not all the time, but enough that I notice it. And don't even get me started on group photos. I almost have to be a mile away to get everyone in (okay - a huge exaggeration, but you get my point).

So my choice leads me to the 30mm range. But when you search that, you come across pretty much every millimeter you can get. 22mm, 27mm, 28mm, 30mm, 35mm. After that - you have different f-stops. I need a low one, but if you get too low (mainly F/1.4 or lower - if there is a lower) it makes the price go beyond my spending limit (which is about $500 max). So I have it narrowed down to three. The 35mm F/2. The 28mm F/1.8. And the 28mm F/2.8.


The 35mm was my first choice before I ever even looked at anything. And when I found it, I was really pleased with the price. And it seems perfect for what I want. Honestly - there's nothing really wrong with this - I don't think so anyways. I mean - you'll always have negative reviews, but you can't let those be your only deciding factor. So it's still one that I'm considering.


Then I looked further (reading the negative reviews can often give you other lenses that the negative review preferred). So I came across the 28mm lenses. There are two that I am considering - the F/1.8 and the F/2.8. The prices aren't that much different. But the f-stop is, and that's what I'm kinda looking at. I want a low f-stop and a nice lens. I have to say the F/1.8 is gorgeous (and fancy looking, lol) but I can't quite bring myself to pick that one when the F/2.8 looks fine too. And then there's the walk-around-lens - the Tamron one.

Oh the choices! Plus, there are even more to look at, and when I start researching, I usually come across 5 other lenses that make me hesitate and make me want to add them to the list of possible lenses to buy (and the last thing I want to do is add another lens to the list, lol).

So yeah - novel done - that's where I stand on which lens to buy! I'm so stuck, lol :P

Comments

  1. Get daily ideas and methods for making $1,000s per day ONLINE for FREE.
    CLICK HERE TO DISCOVER

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment