Day 58 - Color Sensation

Okay - I'm kind of a mean mommy. Liam isn't allowed to have (or really even use) any sort of writing utensil. Pencils, pens, crayons, markers: all of them are a no-no. I'm pretty sure you can figure out why I might be this strict, lol. No matter how many times I say it; No matter the punishment; No matter how closely I monitor him -- this kid always manages to write on something he shouldn't. Walls are numero uno. My desk seems to be a favorite too. Oh - and any paper is his for the coloring (doesn't matter if it's a photo, a book, a bill, or something else NOT okay to color on). Or my favorite (not): the refriderator! Not even that is safe!!

So yes - I am a mean mommy with regards to that sort of stuff. He has his drawer - and that's about it, lol.

BUT! I softened a bit (oh crap! lol). I gave in and got him his own coloring book. I don't know why, but I guess I just wanted to give him a (nother!) chance, lol. So we got the book and the crayons and sent a prayer up and headed home, lol. His crayons are kept in the kitchen, so I'm hoping that rule will stick.

But lemme tell you - he is ecstatic! He colored for hours and loved every minute of it! He was so sad to go to bed because that meant no more coloring, lol. So (fingers crossed) hopefully we're done with his coloring mistermeaners and we can just enjoy being creative from this point forward :)


Comments