Day 40 - Embracing My Girly Side

The other day when we went to the zoo, we stopped at a little gift shop place for a bathroom break, and I found an adorable charm bracelet. I'm not much for the girly - I have pierced ears, but rarely wear earrings. Necklaces kinda annoy me cuz the clasp always grabs my hair at the nape of my neck. I think I wear makeup maybe once a month (and that's a big maybe). And I haven't worn a dress ... I'm not sure, but I swear it was my wedding, lol. So, as you can see - me & my feminine side aren't close. BUT - there's something awesome about bracelets & anklets. I love those - I wish I had more. And when I found a cute anklet for 99 cents, I couldn't pass it up.

I ended up using it as a bracelet cuz I wanted it to be seen, but I don't care. It is definitely cheap, lol - the charms are hooked on by little metal circles - and they poke my skin every once in a while. But I'm too in love with it to take it off, lol.



I also scrapped today. Technically I wouldn't be able to show my layout until the weekend, but I'm writing this post on the weekend, so the kit is already out! (I guess being behind on posts can have its advantages).

Kristin teamed up with Penny and came out with a kinda vintage lovey-dovey kit. I'm really short on lovey photos, so I decided to use more of the vintage feel of it and do a page about my Grandma. She passed away a few years back, so I did it up as a way to tell my boys about her since they never met her.


Full credits can be found by clicking on the image!

So there you go. A peek at my girly side and a look at my recent layout. Stay tuned for some exciting news! I got asked to join a CT and I'm pretty happy about it :)

XOXO! ~Jen

Comments