Day 6 - New Mexico Turns 100!

So yep - the state I don't give a crap about (lol) turned 100 today! So I guess, everywhere through out the state, there were parties & celebrations going on. And Deming was no different. But what was pretty cool was Connor was part of the celebration. His school put on a little presentation full of songs & state facts told by the elementary kids. Connor was just a singer, but this mama was proud all the same!

After the main presentation, there was food & exhibits by all the different classes at the school. Connor managed to find his teacher and went crazy giving her hugs & sitting on her lap. I was a little worried she would be annoyed, but quite the opposite -- she seemed happy to shower my kid with (appropriate, lol) affection :)



I decided to go with this photo because the one's of him singing are just too far away (and crappy when I crop in close). There were 700+ people there, so it was crowded to say the least, lol. I'm really bummed cuz I got thee cutest photo of both of them - smiles & hugs. SO cute! And SO blurry :( It looked good on my view finder, and I didn't wanna bother his teacher for another photo, so I didn't bother checking to see my focus. :( I'm keeping the photo, but I decided not to use it as my p365 photo. Besides - I think the one above is good too :)

That's it for now :) See you tomorrow!
~Jen

Comments

Post a Comment