Day 27 - Gotta Love Frosting

**Note** To see how I made my Angry Bird cake & characters, go HERE. To read my P365 entry, continue on :)


Today started earlier than yesterday. Yesterday - I was pretty tired, and I'll be honest, I was nervous to start and probably procrastinated a bit. But today - no way! I was so excited to get back at it. Bringing the birds to life was so much fun that I couldn't wait to tackle the pigs!!!

Right off the bat, I realized I didn't have enough green, so I made some more. I was done with all the pigs before lunch time. They were an absolute blast to make!! They turned out cuter than I thought they would!! :) After I made Liam lunch, I decided to start the cakes. I went lazy with those and just used box cake. After much thought, I decided to go with a square cake, with a little rectangle on top to give it a second tier.

While those cooked, I made a nest and some eggs and started the sling shot (which is what Liam requested the most. I still have NO clue where I'm gonna stick the sling shot, but since Liam won't stop mentioning it, I'm gonna have to make it work, lol).

After I got the cakes done and shaped, I went ahead and made the butter cream frosting that was going to be used for the crumb coating. After finishing, I gave it a taste and wanted to cry. It just tasted off.... Kinda over buttery, and the lemon I added I assumed screwed it up (the lemon juice - which was from a fresh lemon - was for a recipe I found and sounded good). Tom insisted it tasted great and the boys seemed to like it.



After that, I covered the cakes in butter cream, and set them in the fridge to harden & set over night. I thought about making more stuff, and decided that I would just save it for tomorrow. I almost worked on the sling shot, but it was still a little too bendy for my comfort. I wanted to give it the night to firm up more so I could work on it easier :)

One more thing! Kristin came out with a kit tonight, and I had to get something done before going to bed so she'd have a layout from me to use for advertising on the sale tomorrow (plus I didn't wanna have to stress about it tomorrow. Besides - I also got a kit from Julie and will probably be working on that layout tomorrow). But you'd be so proud!! I'm a SLOOOOW scrapper! Very OCD about it all, and that usually means hours of work (not constant work, but slow, thought processing work). Tonight I pumped out this layout in 2 HOURS!! That's rare for me - and I think it turned out great!!

It's a remake of this layout (never liked how it turned out! Always felt off to me). And this is what I came up with (used the photo & journaling, the rest was new thinking for the photos & theme of the layout)


Full credits can be found by clicking on the image!

Tomorrow I cover the cake in fondant and finish everything up!! Wish me luck!! ~Jen :)

Comments